Friday, September 30, 2011

Mail Day - Part Two - The eBay Pick-ups

Yes yes, I know, it has been a LONG time coming and any of you that have been waiting can finally relax, it has arrived. 

Sometimes you just have to wonder why some sellers don't put more into their listings...especially something as important as...say...a picture or a scan?  Case in point, rather, two cases in point highlight some of my recent pick-ups...both from the same seller and both did not provide a picture of the items up for auction.  Now typically I try to avoid these like the plague since if they don't/can't take the time to post a picture of the item(s), how do you know if they really have them (or just as bad, taking the "stock" photo from the Upper Deck website)??   Now I give the seller credit as they listed all of the cards that were in each lot in the description, but still, unless you take the time to look at the it, would you really never know what was in there??  How many times have you been scrolling through page after page of eBay listings and happen upon something that catches your EYE that gets you to look at it further and read the description?  Its all about how you dress it up!!
For these two, I decided it was worth it...and I am SO glad I did...

The first lot (link:  LOT ONE) simply stated "06-07 SP Game Used GOLD CARDS ROY + others".  Starting price was $4.50 (yet another deterrent for some people).  The description stated the following: 

You have jersey cards and numbered cards. All Gold. They are:

#92 Alexander Steen card 068/100
#53 Patrick Roy card 046/100
#22 Martin Havlat card 010/100
AF-SK Saku Koivu jersey card 35/100
AF-SU Steve Sullivan jersey card 100/100

So what did I get you ask???  How about as stated???
 




Very not bad if I say so myself!!!  This one ended up costing me $4.50 plus a little for shipping!

The second lot (link: LOT TWO) was also simply stated as "2010-11 Crown Royale, RC's"...um OK...really???   Starting price on this one was $4.99.  The description (and yes they mis-spelled "your"):

These great rookie cards will help you complete yourf set. The cards are priced to sell, so don't be afraid to bid. The cards included are:

#139 Kyle Clifford 128/499         
#145 Anders Lindback (2) 334/499, 490/499
#146 Marcus Johansson 249/499   
#165 T. J. Brodie 200/499
#166 Luke Adam 219/499   
#171 Nick Palmieri 340/499
#172 Kyle Palmieri 361/499

Seeings as how it included a RC for MoJo from my squad I figured what the heck??  So what did I get???  Lets see:





WOW!  All hard signed RCs!  What a sweet find and very welcome additions!! 

So for about $13.00 I think I made out pretty good, do you agree???

I have a few more eBay finds that I will post "shortly"...haha...

"THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT"

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment