Saturday, December 25, 2010

2010-11 O-Pee-Chee Hockey Box Break #1!


So I picked up a few boxes of one of my annual favorite hockey releases, 2010-11 O-Pee-Chee, for Christmas...

As always, the OPC set is one of the biggest of the year with 600 cards in its first release of the season (an "update" set will be released in 2011 with traded/FAs and additional rookies).  There are 500 common cards, 50 short printed rookies, and 50 short printed Legends.  Each hobby box contains 36 packs with 6 cards per pack. 
Typical Box Break Summary:
  • 18 Rookies/Legends
  • 36 Retro variations
  • 1 In Action laminated card
  • 9 Retro Rainbow parallels
  • 1-2 Retro var. Black parallels
  • 9 O-Pee-Chee Inserts
How did I do???  Lets take a look shall we???

Base Cards

I like the design on the cards...which is all that matters right?  I am not going to give you a detailed breakdown of the design of the common card, rather I will give you a scan of one and let you decide if you like it youself...from my box I pulled 141 of the 500 common base cards from the set with no doubles!!!




Legends & Rookies

Slated at 1:2, I pulled the exact amount as stated, 9 RCs and 9 Legends.  Highlights for the RCs included Taylor Hall (which is up on eBay), Braden Schenn, and Sergei Bobrovsky.  Legends included recent additions AL MacInnis and Cam Neeley.  A few samples of the cards...






Retro Variations

As predicted, I pulled one of these cards per pack, including rookies Henrik Karlsson & Maxim Noreau and Legends Grant Fuhr & Johnny Bucyk.  I also pulled one of Crosby (which is up on eBay right now).

A sample of a few:



Rainbow Retro Variations

As predicted, I pulled 9 of these.  Highlights included Wayne Gretzky (up on eBay) and Dion Phaneuf.  Samples!!




Black Rainbow Retro Variations

From the estimates I have seen, you tend to get between 1-2 of these cards per box.  I ended up with three, including for rookie Justin Falk, Kurtis Foster, and Peverley (as seen below).  Guess I got lucky!



O-Pee-Chee Inserts

These were slated at one in every four packs and guess what???  Nine total from the box!  I ended up with a good mix of the various inserts from the set including Season Highlights, Team Leaders, Stat Kings, Winter Classic (2010) and Trophy Winners.





In Action Laminated Card

Pulled a Lundqvist In Action card.  These are thicker stock cards which also act as a decoy for those looking for the Quad Jersey cards...


Speaking of Quad Jersey Cards...yup WE GOT ONE!!!!


And don't adjust your monitors, that is a black smudge on the Khabibulin jersey...

All-in-all, I was very pleased with the box.  One of the reasons why I like this product as it always delivers a good quality product with good pulls for a reasonable price.  Box number two has been ripped and I will post up the pulls shortly.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment