Saturday, December 24, 2011

Certified Blaster Hit

I went into Target today with the boys for some last minute Christmas shopping and treated myself to a blaster box of 2011-12 Certified.  I have strayed away from these in the past as they cost $29.99 for three packs...of course had I taken the time to read the box, I would have realized that each box contains "one autograph or jersey card".   So today I took that leap and bought a box...and it must have been a Christmas miracle because I pulled an auto AND a jersey from the box!!  UN-HUH...one of each baby!!!  OH YEAH!!!  Talk about beating the odds!!!  Bet you're probably thinking that they must be good for me to be writing about right??? 

Lets put it this way...HELL YES!!!!!

The jersey came from a guy who was drafted #2 overall in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft behind Taylor Hall.  He played 74 games in the NHL in 2010-11 and posted 11 goals and 11 assists in 74 games.  He has already blown away his freshman year totals by scoring 31 points in the first 32 games (14g-17a) in 2011-12.  He also put up 7 points (3g-4a) in 13 games in the playoffs including a very memorable goal against the Lightning where he rushed up the ice from his own end, split the defense at center ice and scored a very pretty backhand goal over the sprawling Roloson...but don't let my description ruin it...watch it in all of its glory:


Of course I am talking about one of the NHL's brightest stars of the future, Tyler Seguin!!

The jersey card is a "prime" two color (black-white) seam swatch and it is SO SWEET!!! 

As for the autograph, it was for a guy who was drafted #2 overall in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft behind Taylor Hall. He played 74 games in the NHL in 2010-11 and posted 11 goals and 11 assists in 74 games. He has already blown away his freshman year totals by scoring 31 points in the first 32 games (14g-17a) in 2011-12. He also put up 7 points (3g-4a) in 13 games in the playoffs including a very memorable goal against the Lightning where he rushed up the ice from his own end, split the defense at center ice and scored a very pretty backhand goal over the sprawling Roloson...um wait...this sounds familiar??

That's right, the autograph is none other than the aformented Mr. Seguin (it sounds odd to me to be calling a guy who was born six months after I graduated from high school "Mr", but then again, the kid has already made more money than me in the past few years than I probably will in my entire lifetime...RESPECT)...ANYWHO...back to the card...

Wait, did I say "card" above??  Damn, I meant to say "cards"!  AND now back to the CARDS!!!

Not buying it??  OK, so lets just say that the autograph and jersey swatch were on the same card...and the card is also numbered 23/25 (like that is anything special...I mean really, there are 24 other cards just like this one out there...hardly special right??)...have I built it up enough yet??  Can you hardly contain your excitement??  Are you so excited that if you were sitting in the play area at your local McDonald's you would be arrested and branded a sex offender???  OK...time to blow that wad....

I present to you..........
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...Annoyed yet?????...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
THE BACK OF THE CARD!!!!!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Got you!!!!!  I am like a stripper in the Champagne room...teasing you just to the point of the 'O' Face, getting up, putting her clothes back on, and leaving you with a...OK, sorry...got away from things again.

Here is the front...I promise...
.
>
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.really...tits coming...giggity...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
.
.
.and a HAPPY BOXING DAY to all of my friends in Canada!!!!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.right...the card...damn did it again...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
TADA!!!

TADA!!!  Hope you enjoyed spending the past few minutes with me and my insanity.

OH yeah, I did also get a crappy mirror red parallel #152/199 of some Vanek guy and a bunch of base cards (oddly enough, of the 12 or so base I did get, I got two Brodeur and 2 Thronton cards) in the same box...like I care!!  HA!

Till later...RESPECT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very awesome hit and nice looking card. Needs a better holder though. That thing looks like it has seen better days.

    ReplyDelete