Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hello, I am an addict...pleased to meet you...

An addict's confession...

My name is Chris, I live in Connecticut, I am a devoted Washington Capitals fan since childhood and I have an addiction...

Some may find my addiction to be childish, others think it a foolish waste of money, still others share the same affilication...

What is it you ask??  Drugs, money, power, booze, women, sex, cancer sticks, gambling (you would not be too far off with this one)??

Its simple really...sports cards...ok well only one type of sports card specifically...hockey cards...

Now this is not limited just to collecting cards, I just cannot get enough of this game they call hockey.  It all started when I was a wee lad growing up in the Washington D.C. metro area watching my beloved Washington Capitals ply their trade at the old Capital Center (later renamed to USAir Arena).  While the arena is gone and replaced with a mall, the memories of the past still haunt the location to this day...I could go on, but why bore you with all of the details right now...

This is really about my love, strike that, PASSION for those little pieces of 3.5”x 2.5 cardboard which dominate my life...

Why do I love them?  So many reasons, so little time...something about those little buggers just make me crazy...I just cannot get anough of them...

Whether its ripping a box of cards, or winning them on eBay (which I could spend forever on as well), the thrill of looking for that elusive pull (card) or completing a set is such a rush...

More later...the kiddies are calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment