Saturday, July 30, 2011

Trading away!

I just completed a trade with Sal @ Puck Junk whereby I acquired a handful of 2003-04 Ice base cards (which, like the other Ice sets from the 2000's just don't seem to be out there from what I can see) and a few 2010-11 RCs as well as this nice Derek Roy Artifacts Patch card.  I am a sucker for patch cards since I have so few of them, and this one stood out to me...


In addition to the cards in the trade, Sal threw in a little suprise (knowing that I am a Caps fan) of some Washington Capitals police cards from 1986-87.  Growing up in the DC area, I picked up various promo cards over the years, but these were before I discovered the greatest game in the world so I had not seen them before.  The cards measure 2 5/8" by 3 3/4" and were issued in two-card panels. The front has a color action photo on white card stock, with player information and the Capitals' log below the picture. Inside a thin black border the back features a hockey tip "Caps tip", an anti-crime tip, and logos of sponsoring police agencies (ok, way too much detail for me I know...I kinda borrowed it from: http://www.nhlcollector.com/website/Regional%20Issues/CAPITALS.html).

That stash on Dave Poile is so 80's...and that jacket on Bryan (I am pretty sure my father has that same jacket in his closet)...double UGH!!!!
One of the Caps all time greatest d-men, also refered to as the "Secretary of Defense", Rod Langway and current sidekick-color guy on local Caps TV broadcasts Craig Laughlin.

Do well in school and respect your parents???  Something beaten into us by our parent in the 70's and 80's which (IMHO) many kids just seem to be missing these days.

Overall some nice additions to my growing collection!  Thanks Sal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment